Snowflake Nordic Ski Center is a non-profit, year-round family recreation center. We offer a wide range of outdoor opportunities. A daily fee or season membership is your ticket to family fun.
Snowflake was owned and operated by George and Jane Hovland for over thirty years. In 1952, he was an Olympic Nordic Skier. George managed the operation on a shoestring budget with humor and good will.
Snowflake Telephone Number (218) 726 – 1550 (Trail Report and/or leave a message)
John Graham (Manager): (218) 355 – 1271
Eric Watson (Biathlon): (218) 269 – 0931
Snowflake Nordic Ski Center
4348 Rice Lake Road
Duluth, Minnesota 55811
Visit Us: Mapquest Link
To get to Snowflake for a visit, to ski, to hike or to camp from the Twin Cities:
- Take I-35 North to Duluth
- Exit on HWY 53 (exit #255A – a left-hand exit just past 27th Avenue West)
- Stay on HWY 53 up the hill (follow signs to the mall)
- Turn right on Arlington Avenue
- Stay on Arlington through 2 stoplights (Central Entrance and then Arrowhead)
- Snowflake is 1/2 mile past the Arrowhead intersection on the right-hand side of the road.
- Watch for our signs on the right